Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Movie Poster_1








Link of the tutorial: http://designinstruct.com/digital-art/make-a-vintage-planetary-landscape-poster-in-photoshop/


The top one is my final copy.

I used the image with the stars as the background.

I used Curves tool and Hue/Saturation tool to darken the image and used Gradient tool to change the color.

Then, I used the badlands as the landscape, which is located on the bottom of the final copy.

It was the hardest part. I opened it and used the Pen tool with the Paths, trace around the landscape.

Then I chose Make selection, but it did not work.

So I just used other marquee tool and lasso tool to make round rocky shape.

Then, I added clouds above the rocky landscape.

I learned new adjustment tool, Levels. I set the eyedropper icon and lighten up the bright areas

and darken up the dark areas.

Also, I learned new tools, Select>Color Range tool. This tool was so good.

I selected Color Range tool and selected Eyedropper tool. As I clicked on the blue area and changed

the Fuziness options, I can selected only the clouds, not the blue areas.

It took a little time to delete the blue sky areas, but I learned how to use it, finally.

Then I created the planet. I  used Gaussian blur tool to give the stripes.

I learned Distort>Spherize tool. This tool make the planet really round.

I added many layer styles on my planet.

I learned Render> Lens Flare tool. It was very easy tool. I positioned the lens flare at the edge of the planet.

Finally, I added the text.

I added subtitles then I found Window> Snap. But I could not find it.

I just put the texts middle of the layer.

I learned more about Load selection when I used circle and mask out the texts.

I liked this poster!





No comments:

Post a Comment